The arrival of the bride to her wedding is always so exciting. The guests are eager to see how she looks and what she is wearing. Make the big reveal even more impressive by using some amazing wedding day transport
Hiring wedding day transport is the most popular way to get around on the day, with many options available to suit your wedding theme, style and budget.
Where to start?
Work out what type of transport you are after, something:
– large or small
– modern or classic
– usual or unique
Choosing and booking the right supplier
- Make sure you do your research and look around until you find a reputable supplier to perfectly fit your wedding style
- Look through all the options available and select the one you like the most
- Contact the supplier to check availability and ask any questions you may have
- If you want to view the vehicle, ask if they have a showroom OR if they are attending any upcoming wedding expos
Once you’ve found your supplier:
- Book them as soon as possible – six to twelve months is ideal so you don’t miss out
- Complete any booking forms required and make sure you have all the pickup details correct to avoid confusion
- Confirm the booking in the lead up to your wedding day if they haven’t contacted you prior
Budget and packages
Sometimes fitting your dream transport option into your budget can be tricky:
- Look around for local suppliers close to where you are getting married who can also offer great value for money
- Look for packages that include everything you need
- Booking suppliers at expos or when they have a sale is also great for the budget – but be prepared to book on the spot / within booking terms if you want the deal
What’s popular and common?
Some of the more popular and common wedding day transport hire options include:
Always so elegant and stylish. Perfect for all types of weddings.
So Cal Limos – Perth
Prestige Limousines – Gold Coast
Wow Limos – Sydney
Limo Zone – Melbourne and Enrik Limousines – Melbourne
Photo via: Limo Zone
Very popular, stylish and great for larger bridal parties. A great option for modern and glam weddings.
Chandon Limos – Perth
Get Hummered – Gold Coast
Hummer Limousines – Sydney
Photo via: Get Hummered
Very cute and fun. They can be standard or stretched. Perfect for vintage or beach weddings.
Stylish Kombi Tours – Perth
Kombi Hire Australia – Australia Wide
Kombi Weddings – Sydney
Photo via: Kombi Weddings. Photo by James Billing Photography
Beautiful, elegant and romantic.
Belle Limousines & Cars – Perth
Somerton Limousines – Gold Coast
Ace Convertibles – Sydney & Royalty Weddings – Sydney
Classic and Prestige Car Hire – Melbourne & Tripler – Melbourne
Photo via: Belle Classic Limousines
Horse drawn carriage
Fairy-tale weddings – need we say more?
Perth Horse and Carriage
Cinderella Carriage Hire – Gold Coast
Wares Livery Stables – Sydney
- Photo via: Perth Horse and Carriage
Looking for something a little more unique?
Check out these alternate wedding day transport options:
Photo via: Fremantle Trams
Photo via: My Thailand Wedding
Photo via: Before the big day
Photo via: Hamilton Island Weddings
Ferry / Boat / Water Taxi
Photo via: H2O Water Taxis
Photo via: London Cabs
Photo via: Modern Wedding
Hot air balloon
Photo via: Wedding Gawker
Who needs wedding day transport?
- The Groom and Groomsmen – who arrive to the ceremony first (sometimes this vehicle can drop the guys off and head back to collect the girls – check with your supplier if this is an option – keep in mind the distance and travel time)
- The Bride and who she is arriving with
- The Bride’s Mother and Bridesmaids
Other wedding day transport options you may like to consider
4. Guests if you are putting on a bus or wedding transport for them:
a) If ceremony and reception are in two different locations
b) If you have lots of guests travelling who don’t know the area
c) If the wedding is at an ‘out of town’ location
5. The ‘Getaway Car’ to pick the newlyweds up at the end of the night and take you to your hotel.
With so many unique, classic, funky and fun wedding day transport options available, the question is – what will you choose? Also remember to get some fun photos with the hired wedding day transport and ‘enjoy the ride’.
Photo via: Kombi Weddings Photo by: Michale Tristram Photography